Amontec Documents and Software
Created on: 26 April 2015
This page has been set up to provide documentation and software for Amontec products such as the Amontec JTAGkey and the Chameleon POD.
Amontec was a company that sold JTAG hardware devices and was located at www.amontec.com but has since disappeared with no official notice of the reason for closing and only an abandoned Facebook page to be found. The actual website has gone off-line and at the date of this writing has been off-line for many months.
We have to assume that Amontec has closed and is not opening again which can be frustrating for users of Amontec products who may need to access the documentation and software. Hence the need for this page.
The JTAGkey is based on the FTDIChip FT2232L, is a USB 2.0 device and is used for:
- On-Chip Debugging
- In-System Programming
- Boundary-Scan Testing
The JTAGkey2 is fully compatible with the JTAGkey, but is four to six times faster.
JTAGkey JTAG Pinout
JTAG pinout document:
JTAGkey FT2232 Map
Shows which FT2232 pins map to which JTAG connector pins:
JTAGkey Logical Diagram
The logical diagram contains JTAGkey JTAG pin buffering:
Shows the meaning of each of the three LEDS:
JTAGkey Flying Lead Cable Pinout
Flying lead pinout document:
JTAGkey Drivers for Windows
Windows driver installation application note:
JTAGkey Drivers for Linux
Linux driver installation application note:
JTAGkey Windows Demo Software
Windows demo software:
The Windows demo software has the following features:
- View the status of the on-board LEDs (a timer updates LED statuses)
- Play with TRST_N and SRST_N signals
- Select the frequency of the JTAG port (from 6Mhz downto ~0Hz)
- Enter the internal loop-back mode of the FT2232
- Move the JTAG TAP controller in any stable state
- View the state of the JTAG TAP controller
- Scan and check the instruction registers (IR)
- Scan and check the Data Registers (DR)
- View and store any actions in a Text Memo
JTAGkey SVF Player for Windows 32 and 64 Bit
SVF player Windows software:
SVF player software is used to:
- Upload Altera, Atmel, Cypress, Lattice, Xilinx FPGA / CPLD with SVF files.
- Upload AVR processor Serial Vector Format File.
- Run SVF files for custom Boundary Scan board tests.
SVF Player test file:
The above SVF file is used to blink the red LED on the Amontec Chameleon POD using the following command:
amontec-jtagkey-svfplayer.exe -svfFile "../svffiles/chm_appl_test_led_blink_prog.svf" -h -pause
The Chameleon POD is a parallel port reconfigurable dongle based on the Xilinx Coolrunner (XPLA3) XCR3128XL. It can be used to emulate BDM / JTAG, ISP, I2C, etc.
Chameleon POD Documentation
Chameleon POD specification:
Chameleon POD Software
Parallel Port Driver
Parallel port driver software:
Chameleon programmer software:
Original RAVEN JTAG Emulator:
Amontec RAVEN JTAG Emulator with RTCK Feature for all ARM7-S and ARM9-S series:
Chameleon POD .ucf Constraint File